RE: [OM] which ink jet printer shall I buy

Subject: RE: [OM] which ink jet printer shall I buy
From: "Kam Cheung" <gkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:51:26 +0800
I too will recommend the Epson 2100 (2200), especially if you like b/w.
With the Epson, you simply do not have to consider other more expensive
third parties' offerings (e.g. piezo).  The prints that the printer produces
on Epson archival matte are simply fabulous.  For more info, see
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/Epson2200.shtml.  BTW, I
don't know why the Epson's dealers in the US have decided to take the gray
balancer away from the standard package.  I have tried it and it works very
well.  If you can get a copy of the software by twisting the arms of your
dealers, do it.

A side note: one of my friends is doing a test - he puts a b/w print
produced by the Epson in the balcony, exposing it to moisture and direct
sunlight.  More than two weeks have past and no fading or colour shifting is
seen (to be fair, we did not have much sun light in the past two weeks).
Epson people claim that the prints can last for 75? years.  I tend to
believe them.

Regards,
Kam