Re: [OM] Avoiding X-Ray Machines & Need U.K. Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Avoiding X-Ray Machines & Need U.K. Advice
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:04:06 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/2003 10:24:47 AM Central Standard Time,
roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Processing-wise, I almost always use Fuji mail-order developing but that
> takes 4-5 days so too long for you.  Snappy Snaps has plenty of branches
> around London and can do E6 developing in an hour or two but that would
> be reasonably expensive I think

Sometimes it seems like you have to run an obstacle course. Avoiding x-rays
in the airport and in the mail and then avoiding processors who screw up your
film.  The professional labs in Houston charge between $7.50 and $7.75 per 36
exposure roll to process and mount your slides with a 2 to 3 hour turn
around.  I find that to be very reasonable pricing and service.  Although it
may all be the same, my level of comfort with a professional lab is greater
as my perception is that probably watch their chemistry and processing closer
than do the consumer labs.  This may be an illusion, however, to the degree I
believe it, I guess it is my reality.  And yes, the pro-labs I use have from
time to time screwed some stuff up.  I'm assuming Snappy Snaps is like one of
our One Hour Photo places here in the US.  Bill Barber