Re: [OM] Avoiding X-Ray Machines & Need U.K. Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Avoiding X-Ray Machines & Need U.K. Advice
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:13:28 +0200
Sorry, I can't give you an answer on the x-raying of post, but there has
been less fuss in UK over terrorism than in USA due to having lived with it
so long from other sources.  e.g. they may sniff for Semtex but afaik not
for Anthrax.

[slightly amusing aside: What I can tell you, is that 7dayshop told me they
got fed up with their parcels being returned due to recipient not being at
home, so they now pack up every single item in its own padded bag (Jiffy
bag).  50 rolls of Velvia was a laugh!  And it was still 95p total postage!
The idea is that the postman can feed them one-by-one through the letter
box (in UK we have slots in the door not tin boxes on the street).  However
the PO kindly gave the postman my 50 Jiffy bags in a sack, with a ty-wrap
around the neck and when he there was no-one home he left it on the
doorstep!]

br
jez

NSURIT@xxxxxxx@Zuiko.sls.bc.ca on 16-04-2003 04:02:05 PM