Re: [OM] MF -WAS: Provia sucked..

Subject: Re: [OM] MF -WAS: Provia sucked..
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:50:24 -0800

Roger, I wasn't knocking MF at all. I was just questioning the wisdom to
change equipment before nailing down the problem.

I am tempted by MF for sure. A fellow at work has a Mamiya C33 w/ 80mm for
$165.  Thought that might be a good way to start, but don't know much about
the camera. I understand it's quite heavy. I've used a C220 once and like
it. Any suggestions for inexpensive starters would be welcome.

You could hardly go wrong with one of the older models, say the original M645. It's got a great reputation.

A quick Google search turned this up instantly for ballpark prices on a used system:

        http://www.thecameratrader.com/FreeClassifieds/00000022.htm

That's not exactly "inexpensive" but worth the investment, I would think, for someone serious about getting into MF. You could easily spend a helluva lot more with little appreciable increase in quality of the final image. Something to consider.

Tris