Re: [OM] Provia sucked..

Subject: Re: [OM] Provia sucked..
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 20:46:04 -0500
At 18:20 3/9/03, C.H.Ling wrote:

Most of my works are with slides, my OM4 did it very well, don't know why it
make you want to use medium format, it will not do better in metering.

C.H.Ling

I don't think it's to help metering. You're right that it won't do anything for that.

Albert alluded to the detail level in some of his slides. If a well done 35mm Provia 100F transparency contains very minute detail, imagine what the same photograph made using medium format would contain. I use Provia 100F in an M645, and have projected the transparencies and had prints made from some of them. There is a definite WOW factor in projection and the large prints from 120/220 compared to 135 size.

-- John