Re: [OM] Res wars continue

Subject: Re: [OM] Res wars continue
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 01:39:51 -0800
At 02:13 PM 12/23/2002 -0500, om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Too many people worry about resolving power, contrast lines per mm,
Modular-Transfer-Function graphs, grain size, SQF evaluations, RF vs. SLR,
Leica vs. Zeiss, Zuiko vs. Nikkor, 4x5 vs 35mm, 6x6 vs. 35mm. blah, blah,
blah..

Not enough people worry about lighting, camera shake, tripods, vibration
reduction, composition, proper focus, proper exposure, proper processing,
or capturing the "decisive moment".  Look at most of the pictures that go
onto the internet or through one-hour labs and you'll see a lot of crap
that was taken by GREAT equipment.

You're right. I am going to buy a Leica M7 because it will lessen camera shakes and no vibration, and the rangefinder will give me perfect focus and catch the decisive moment with no shutter lag. Oh yes, and the Summicron and Noctilux will no doubt give me that glow.

Yup, no doubt about it. Just better equipments, and I will be a better snap-shooter.

// richard "missing the point" man