Re: [OM] Res wars continue

Subject: Re: [OM] Res wars continue
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 01:24:55 -0800
Amen brother! I'll take some of that soap :-)

Moose

om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Soap box out......Read only if you don't mind an opinion......

Too many people worry about resolving power, contrast lines per mm,
Modular-Transfer-Function graphs, grain size, SQF evaluations, RF vs. SLR,
Leica vs. Zeiss, Zuiko vs. Nikkor, 4x5 vs 35mm, 6x6 vs. 35mm. blah, blah,
blah..

Not enough people worry about lighting, camera shake, tripods, vibration
reduction, composition, proper focus, proper exposure, proper processing,
or capturing the "decisive moment".  Look at most of the pictures that go
onto the internet or through one-hour labs and you'll see a lot of crap
that was taken by GREAT equipment.
If more people took more time to actually think about the image made by the
equipment that they have, and live with it's limitations or advantages,
they'd produce much better photos.  I'm constantly surprised at the number
of people who actually worry about these impersonal measurements as a way
to disguise their lack of time to concentrate on the photos....(Me included
at times)....Perhaps they really don't want to make better pictures?