Re: [OM] Res wars continue

Subject: Re: [OM] Res wars continue
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 22:35:31 -0500
> From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
> Too many people worry about ...
> Not enough people worry about lighting, camera shake, tripods, vibration
> reduction, composition, proper focus, proper exposure, proper processing,
> or capturing the "decisive moment"

Good point. While there's some merit to tech specs to avoid spending money
and time on something that isn't going to give the results you want, it's
easy to get stuck on them, and this stuff is more important. I have to
remind myself that the most important things I can give my photography are
time and effort - not money. Equipment can help, but it's secondary and no
subsititute. Easy to forget when time is short.

BTW, our club holds the same sort of session, but with slides so there's
less barrier to participating. Every month I join 6-8 people and am expected
to bring 5 or 6 slides. Critique is mostly anonymous and always
constructive. Furthermore, everyone is expected to take a turn at
critiquing. It's one of the best things I do for my photography.

Regards,
Andrew