[OM] focusing using ground glass vs. micro/split prism

Subject: [OM] focusing using ground glass vs. micro/split prism
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 16:41:59 -0800
I have almost always relied only on the micro/split prism for focusing. However, recently I am getting to like to use the ground glass portion better. It's really cool when the image just snaps into place, as by magic. One question, is it possible for the two focusing mechanism to "disagree?" I was taking pictures using the Zuiko 180/2.8 coupled with the 2x converter and I thought there are times that the focus point is slightly different. I don't have 20/20 vision, but I can do without glasses, if this matters.

Thanks!