Re: [OM] Re: Dipping our Toe Into Digital

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Dipping our Toe Into Digital
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 01:32:37 -0800
This is also what our 'home' printer drivers do. When I print a 1600 pixel wide image 10 inches wide on my 1440 ppi printer, the printer driver upsamples the image by a factor of nine. The results clearly indicate that this is an 'intelligent' process, rather than just making bigger clumps of the same color for each pixel.

Moose

Mike Veglia wrote:

<>On the topic of interpolation, I have always
heard it best to leave the "upsampling" to the lab for this very
reason--they have proprietary software from the manufacturers of the
printing equipment that is optimal for that printer.