Re: [OM] what do I do with a center spot filter?

Subject: Re: [OM] what do I do with a center spot filter?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:31:40 -0500
Is it the kind where the center is clear, but the edges are blurry/soft
focus?  If so, it's usually used where you want the viewer's attention
on the center of the image only.  For example, imagine a flower sharp in
the center of the image, but the background soft; or a solitary tree in
the woods, sharp in the center, but everything around it soft.  It can
also be used in portraiture.  It's sort of a "mechanical" way to throw
the edges out of focus.