Re: [OM] long telephoto advice

Subject: Re: [OM] long telephoto advice
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:04:07 +0800
dreammoose wrote:

> I was recently using my Meade 1000/11 with the all-matte Beattie and
> tried substuiting the 1-7 screen. The microprism was not darkened.
> Neither one was really easy to focus - no depth of field to speak of,
> but neither was obviously easier to focus than the other.  I was wokring
> in good light, but I'm sure the 1-7 would be better in dim light, at
> least you could see the subject. Neither the Beattie or the 2-13 is very
> bright at f11.
>
> Moose

The 2-13 or 2-4 may be not very bright at F11, but it provide the
finest grain for focusing with long small aperture tele. I have tried
many different focusing screen including Canon Laser Matte, Minolta
Acute Matte, Beattie... the Olympus 2-series screen was the brightest
and finest one among them. But sometimes it has too fine grain that
make the focusing with super wide a bit difficult (I only use matte
area for focusing).

C.H.Ling