Re: [OM] FS: the whole kit - I am disconsolate ...

Subject: Re: [OM] FS: the whole kit - I am disconsolate ...
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:06:32 -0700
on 4/21/02 8:57 PM, Reuben Acciano at rubydoomsday@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

snipped a bit...

> Apologies in advance to anyone who thinks
> I have my head up my proverbial with either
> my pricing or this approach, or if I am way
> off base with my interpretation of how these
> corporate developments will/have actually
> affect real world Zuik/Oly usage - I am,
> seriously, too overcome to care about
> pleasantries at the moment. Needs must
> when the devil drives.
>
> Reuben Acciano
> 23 Russell Street
> Fremantle 6160
> Western Australia
> rubydoomsday@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> PS. For those long-term list members who
> can remember when I had a more frequent,
> vocal  presence on this list please attest to
> my integrity to any [relative] newbies who
> might bother to inquire as to my
> background?
>
> A new system. Who would've thought?
> Where to begin?
> --

Reuben -- I think you are moving a bit fast on this... Olympus states they
will maintain parts and service for several years for current bits, and it
is likely that service of high quality from such young people as John H.,
Ken and Clint will be around much longer than that. It seems to me that your
kit would be usable for a serious long time into the future without problem.

As to the question of reliability and availability... it seems to me that
the best current solution for that issue would be to invest in a backup body
or two... As you earn money from the equipment this is prudent in any case.

Am I an enabler or what...!
--

Jim Brokaw