[OM] FS: the whole kit - I am disconsolate ...

Subject: [OM] FS: the whole kit - I am disconsolate ...
From: "Reuben Acciano" <rubydoomsday@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 22:57:55 -0500
Zuiks,

Working my butt off, and not having web
access for 3 months has meant that I have
only just discovered, just  now, the death of
the OM line. I am distraught, having been
an OM user exclusively for 10 years.

Practical matters being what they are - ie.
being someone who derives income from
photography and therefore putting MANY
roles of film through my bodies - I fear that
the inevitable has happened. I will always
have to know that I have cost-effective
access to parts and service support, even if
the day-to-day use of the system in
question may not be as enjoyable or
satisfying. Therefore, I humbly offer FS, as a
complete, non separatable package (of
course, if you've just GOTTA have one of
these pieces, make me an offer ...):

1 x Olympus OM4Ti titanium, champagne
colour, VGC++, some brassing and general
wear, but mechanically sound. Has
handled perfectly the whole 3 years I
have owned it. Serviced Dec 2001.
1 x F280 Full synchro dedicated flash. Also
VGC - some cosmetic wear and
minor scratches, but fires flawlessly every
time in every mode.
1 x Zuiko 85mm f2.0 w/ original Oly leather
case. - My favourite lens ... it
will hurt to part with this. In EXC cond. No
cosmetic wear, flawless
mechanically.
1 x Zuiko 35mm f2.0 w/ original Oly leather
case - as per the 85mm, but
with some minor cosmetic wear (v.light
brassing) on aperture ring. Otherwise
brilliant.
1 x Zuiko 65-200mm f4 zoom. This lens is
almost as new. Mint -, except I
don't have the boxes or carry case. A joy to
use.
1 x Zuiko 50mm f1.4 - a standard standard.
In great cond mechanically
and cosmetically.
1 x Tokina RMC 24mm f2.8 - I am basically
throwing this one in more or
less free, as its optical quality is nowhere
near in the league of its Zuiko
cousin. That said, the lens is in near-mint
cond, and functions flawlessly.
1 x Elicar 3x Zoom/Macro converter - this
handy accessory will provide
both 1:1 macro and 3x teleconverter
functions depending on how you use
it. In immaculate condition with soft leather
case and offering amazing
optical quality - a really useful accessory.
Both the Carl Shipman and Mannheim Oly
system handbooks. Between
them, these two books represent the most
comprehensive source of Oly
system information anywhere (apart from
the web-based mailing list and eSIF of
course ...)

I am asking $1,250 US (I live in Australia,
but will happily absorb air-freight/insurance
to the lucky purchaser) for someone to take
the LOT off my hands at once. A collector
will benefit more from owning this system -
which could well appreciate in value, I don't
know -  now than I will, who needs a
reliable, manufacturer-supported "user"
system for daily use.

On one level I am crushed, as I have
always adored the aesthetics and handling
of the Oly system above all others. But
practicalities hold precedence now (I know,
I have no place on this list!)

If anyone would rather go over some details
with me on a more personal level, I can be
contacted at home here in Australia by
phone (factoring in your time
difference, of course) at:
(international dial code) +61 08 9433 6357,
or simply reply mail and we''ll take it from
there.

Apologies in advance to anyone who thinks
I have my head up my proverbial with either
my pricing or this approach, or if I am way
off base with my interpretation of how these
corporate developments will/have actually
affect real world Zuik/Oly usage - I am,
seriously, too overcome to care about
pleasantries at the moment. Needs must
when the devil drives.

Reuben Acciano
23 Russell Street
Fremantle 6160
Western Australia
rubydoomsday@xxxxxxxxxxxx

PS. For those long-term list members who
can remember when I had a more frequent,
vocal  presence on this list please attest to
my integrity to any [relative] newbies who
might bother to inquire as to my
background?

A new system. Who would've thought?
Where to begin?