Re: [OM] FS: the whole kit - I am disconsolate ...

Subject: Re: [OM] FS: the whole kit - I am disconsolate ...
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 06:09:51 EDT
I wouldn't call what Olympus was offering for the past several years as
"product support", let's face it, they sucked at it. Ever try to order a
part? Then, of course, every once in a while you'd get that ONE person who
knew what they were doing, and you'd have the item (correct one, too!) in
your hands in five days.

There's quite a few repair people who can clean a body or lens for you out
there in the world, (there's at least 3 fine ones on this list here) and many
replacement bodies and lenses available thru eBay or camera stores for years
to come. Parts availability is not a problem for an OM-4Ti, and likely won't
be a problem for our lifetime what with all the bodies out there that can be
cannibalized once the factory replacement parts dry up. I think you're
over-reacting, if your gear works fine, use it. If something needs repair,
send it out, just like always... just my 2c

George S.

rubydoomsday@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Practical matters being what they are - ie.
being someone who derives income from
photography and therefore putting MANY
roles of film through my bodies - I fear that
the inevitable has happened. I will always
have to know that I have cost-effective
access to parts and service support, even if
the day-to-day use of the system in
question may not be as enjoyable or
satisfying.