Re: [OM] more about the F280

Subject: Re: [OM] more about the F280
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:13:23 +0200
As the shutter curtains travels at a fixed rate (only the slot size is
different), I expect that the energy used to provide light during the
period of travel of the shutter curtain slot would be the same at 1/60 or
1/500. Or have I misunderstood the principal of FP flash (same as FP
bulbs)?

Roger Key

If you're doing an FP flash synch at 1/500 sec, isn't that LESS energy used
than at 1/60? I know the FP burst is spread out longer than regular auto
flash, but still, 1/500 is 1/500.

George S.

watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Yes but if the flash is putting out x amount of light over a longer
period of time doesn't that equal more total energy expended? Maybe I'm
confusing the total flash dump with the rate of burn. and maybe this
isn't a noticeable issue with battery usage. Please correct me.

Mike