Re: [OM] FS: the whole kit - I am disconsolate ...

Subject: Re: [OM] FS: the whole kit - I am disconsolate ...
From: Frank Griffin <frankrad4@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:15:13 -0400
   I don't see what the big deal is about olympus dropping the OM line.
They gave up on it some time ago only now they have made an "official
announcement " thats all.  I don't expect it will have any impact on the
useability of the equipment for me. As a matter of fact,  I would say its
easier for me to find a Zuiko lens now than it was ten years ago.  Most
dealers in my area had limited stock of OM stuff and some did not carry
it at all.  With the help of this list and the net I have been able to
find every thing I needed without much trouble. As far as support goes
most of this work has been done by by people like John or Clint not
Olympus.  If more people bail out for digital that will just bring more
equipment out on the market.  I am sure the equipment can be maintained
longer than any of us will be around.
    I am more concerned about the future cost of film and processing than
I am about support for the camera.  I think you are over reacting a bit
by dumping all your equipment.  If it still meets your needs just get a
back-up body for your 4t and meanwhile the digital stuff will continue to
improve and go down in price.

                                                          Frank