Re: [OM] 300mm cost (now)

Subject: Re: [OM] 300mm cost (now)
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:59:18 -0800
Everyone is replying from their own perspective. What is yours? I got the impression you were trying to create a specific type of image, talked to a guy who makes images like that that you wish to emulate, he recommended a specific focal length and gave you other guidelines. If this is true, what does it matter whether John Doe of some list says he does or doesn't like that particular focal length or thinks it is or isn't an 'appropriate' lens for you.

Some people on the list use 35mm as their normal lens and think 85mm is a telephoto. Me, I like longer lenses and use 300mm (usually a zoom) a lot.

Moose

Kierstin wrote:

I was looking for this lens (300mm) or 200mm or 500mm, so I can work on
sunsets, do you think this is premature?