Re: [OM] Re: Brave New World of Wedding Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Brave New World of Wedding Photography
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 20:52:04 -0800
on 1/26/02 10:11 AM, John A. Lind at jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> One of my pet "rants" concerns "digital books," especially manuals and
> reference material.  One of their great failings is inability to easily
> move from one section to another widely separated one.  Although indices
> and hyperlinks are getting better, they're still geared for serial
> consumption, page by plodding page (think: computer tape drive and
> squential block file management).

Find a way to see the new iPhoto software from Apple. This was the single
most impressive thing I saw at MacWorld. Apple gives the software away, but
it only runs on OS-X which would require a new computer for me... but I'm
thinking about it because it is that good. There is an intutive interface
which offers a way to move through hundreds of images briskly, and zero in
on those you want, mark them, group and review the marked images, print,
etc. etc. Even if you use Photoshop to edit the images, this would be the
way to keep track of them all. No more squinting at microscopic thumbnail
preview images, but you can also have dozens of postage-stamp size views on
screen at once if you want... I'm waiting for some clever programmer to copy
the functionality for earlier Macs, or Windows, but for now its the only
thing like it I've ever seen.
--

Jim Brokaw