Re: [OM] [OT] Brave New World of Wedding Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Brave New World of Wedding Photography
From: "--p.j." <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:26:22 -0500
The photographer for my brother's wedding gave the family a VCR tape to pick
the photos from.  It was terrible...so bad that it was difficult to even
figure out who was in each photo, let alone eyes closed, crisp focus, etc.
They could also get on the internet and view _very_ low res. images which
had a nasty watermark on them.  The only place to see high res. images was
to go to the photographer's studio (?) and look at them on her computer.
It seems that the photographer sent all the film off to a company
out-of-state who scanned the negatives, put them on the web and made the VCR
tape.  It was interesting application of new technology, but it wasn't
enough for me.  I would have been livid if it were my wedding.
To the credit of the photographer, the photos that were finally purchased
were excellent.  However, I can't see how her VCR tape and low res. images
on the web will lead to big sales, IMHO.

--p.j.