Re: [OM] Re: Brave New World of Wedding Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Brave New World of Wedding Photography
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:58:40 -0800 (PST)
Could have been a situation where the CD-ROM was for low-res
proofs instead of actual reproduction.  After all, I wouldn't
give the client the negs to "look at" and make prints from
without paying me reprint costs.  This is, after all, how we
make our money--we don't GIVE AWAY those 8x10's you know.

600 shots is a bit steep for wedding and reception.  Must have
been a digital camera, otherwise the photographer would have
lost his shirt on film/developing.  I figure that if I can't
shoot ANY wedding in under 200 shots, there is something wrong.
When I was shooting for another company, I even shot weddings
with as low as two rolls of 36 exposure film.  That's cutting it
pretty tight, but at least I know it I can do it, unless there
are 27 grandparents to photograph with the bride.

I know a not-so-good photographer in Des Moines that shoots with
digital now and he'll do 1000 shots in a wedding.  For him,
digital is a wonderful tool as the law of averages states that
he'll get SOME acceptable shots in there someplace.

On the otherhand, if I had good digital technology, I'd probably
shoot twice as many frames as I do know.

AG-sansdigital-Schnozz