Re: [OM] aaaaaaah, I'm soooooo weak!!!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] aaaaaaah, I'm soooooo weak!!!!!
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 01:00:35 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Dacey" <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> No current mac uses SCSI. They dropped SCSI completely a few years ago.
> Internally, it's the same IDE bus that you'll find on a PC. Externally,
it's
> the same USB and Firewire connectors, so the only concern for those
devices
> is drivers to make them work with the system. As for ram, again, it's the
> same stuff used by PC's. I just recently dropped an extra 256mb of pc-133
> into my 3 year old G3, works fine.

Thanks for the update on the Mac, it looks like the Mac and PC has much more
common things nowaday. Actually the Studio DV and 1394 works very well with
my PC for DV capture editing and output back to DV. The problem is I have
some very old Hi-8 tape that I need to capture with my cheap analogue video
capture card, may be I have demanded too much.

BTW, the DV's data speed is only 3.6MB/s (with 720x576 25fps) while the
analogue caputre need over 15MB/s for 640x480 16 bit color, without a
hardware pre-compression I think it is very difficult to handle.

C.H.Ling