Re: [OM] aaaaaaah, I'm soooooo weak!!!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] aaaaaaah, I'm soooooo weak!!!!!
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 00:00:20 -0400
I have both the Dell 8100 Dimension and the Sony VAIO. Sony seems to be out to corner the digital market in video and still pictures. The Sony is much easier to connect to with ports on the front and back. Strangly, the Dell has been nothing but trouble since the day it arrived - primarily in the inability to get it to network, but also with frequent crashes, freezing programs, etc. Both machines have Windows ME (not my fault) installed, until XP arrives. The Sony gives a free upgrade to it.

Gregg

I would recommend a Dell 8100 (8200?) Dimension, with the biggest
monitor and most RAM you can afford. Don't even consider Windows ME!
Windows NT or Windows 2000 would be the way to go. I would agree with a

I owned a Mac Plus many years ago, and loved it, but think PCs have a
better price/performance ratio.