Re: [OM] Do you like your P&S?

Subject: Re: [OM] Do you like your P&S?
From: "Harry Cutting Photography" <hcutting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 07:51:45 -0500
Has anyone ever used the Ricoh GR-1??  Tried to pick one up last year in the
USA & was informed it was avail only in Europe and Asia (?)  Looks to be a
rugged P&S with a good lens; has "snap" focus feature set to about 10 feet
(?) which may mean it does not have that annoying long delay between shutter
button trip and actual exposure.  Would be interested in hearing from anyone
who has actually used one, and learning if it is still available.  I use the
original Stylus as my primary P&S and like it very much; good lens, good
fill flash operation, nice and small, good design....but that focus delay is
bothersome.  Also use the XA which is a good rig but need an integrated
flash in the camera boby (like the GR-1).  Thanx.

HC, Florida,USA