Re: [OM] Do you like your P&S?

Subject: Re: [OM] Do you like your P&S?
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:57:50 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Ray Moth wrote:

> My problem is, I think I'm developing an aversion to this camera! Even
> though its results can be very good, I don't feel confident using it.
> I'd much rather lug an SLR with a few extra lenses in a bag than use
> the Mini Zoom. It's uncomfortable, fiddly, unfriendly and uninspiring.
> Do other listees have similar feelings about P&S cameras?

   In P&S, I have three XA's, one XA-2, the Stylus Epic, Stylus, Minolta
Vista, and a Nikon.
   I feel best with the XA (but wish the lens was of Stylus Epic quality),
second best with the Stylus Epic (but wish it allowed me DOF, focus
and fill-flash control.
   The Vista is embarrassingly good at panoramics. My Stylus has been a
trooper under very rough conditions.

  Maybe it's not the P&S vs. SLR thing, Ray, but the P&S you're using ?

                                          *= Doris Fang =*