Re: [OM] Do you like your P&S?

Subject: Re: [OM] Do you like your P&S?
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 14:52:19 +0100
At 10:05 12.01.01 -0700, Clyde Soles wrote:
>>  > Has anyone ever used the Ricoh GR-1??  Tried to pick one up last
>
>FYI Ricoh does not import this (or any other film camera) to the US
>but you can get it from Canada (it also goes by the name of Rollei
>Prego Micron). I would not call it a rugged camera.

While GR1 and Rollei Prego Micron have the same basic shape they're totally
different cameras. I have both on the table in front of me right now and
you'll  have to pry the GR1 out of my cold hand, but the flimsy piece of
plastic Rollei calls a camera is going back to the shop this very
afternoon: No manual overrides, it resets all controls at shut-down, and
the lens is nothing in particular (30mm *and* 24mm is kinda cool, though).
Parts of the LCD is also already failing, probably because the camera body
can be bent in almost any direction....

Thomas Bryhn