Re: [OM] Holy Winder 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Holy Winder 2
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:39:56 +0000
I have a Bogen 3021 tripod and heavier duty 329 (3410) head.  It uses
larger rectangular plates and the knob on the right side gets in the way of
some things.  I mounted a Bogen "hex plate QR" onto one of the rectangular
plates, put it on the head, and use Bogen's much more common hex plates for
almost everything.  The latch for the hex plate QR is mounted to the left
which keeps it out of the way of the Winder 2 and the film winding crank on
my M645.

As I recall I had to tap a 3/8" bolt thread into the large hole in the
bottom of the hex plate QR.

Is it possible to remount anything and put the release on the other side?

[I like the lower profile of the 3410 head, but wish it used the more
common Bogen hex plates with the release on the left.]

-- John