Re: [OM] Provia 100F versus Kodachrome

Subject: Re: [OM] Provia 100F versus Kodachrome
From: "John Prosper" <japrosper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:18:26 EDT
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Not having tried Provia yet I cannot comment.  I have tried Astia and like
it very much - rumors abound that Astia is nothing more or less than the old
Provia formula.  I've also been very satisfied with Sensia II 100 - it's
just a bit warmer than Astia.  But Sensia II 400 is very grainy with only
fair resolution, and it shifts toward blue in the evening.

Sensia II 100 is the amateur version of Astia. Any differences in the color bias would be due to the fact that the amateur films are released before achieving the optimal color maturity point and are kept on store shelves (rather than refrigerated like pro films).

John A. Prosper