Re: [OM] Provia 100F versus Kodachrome

Subject: Re: [OM] Provia 100F versus Kodachrome
From: "Charles Geilfuss" <cgeilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:18:06 GMT
Greetings to all:
This is my first submission to the Listing although I have been reading along for some time. I have been using Olympus equipment since purchasing an OM-1 in 1976. Since them the collection has expanded quite a bit (hello, my name is Charlie and I am a Zuikoholic) but that I will leave for another time. Like many of you I bemoan Olympus' near abandonment of the Professional System, but nothing can replace my OM. They are like comfortable old shoes. Well designed, well made old shoes. I have had opportunity to try others but nothing made of plastic and IC's can replace them. But I digress. To the point: I will be traveling to Southern California in September and plan to shoot in the nearby Joshua Tree National Park. Has anyone on the List been there; do you have any suggestions of particularly good spots? My time in the area will be limited (darned meeting!)so I must use it wisely. Since my body will be on EST it should be an ideal time for early morning/sunrise shots. Also can anyone recommend a good slide film for photograghing in the desert? My preconceived notion is that there will be little color so I'm cosidering using E100vs for some extra color pop as well as my usual Kodachrome. I've never visited a desert area so any advice would be appreciated (we have lots of heat here in SC but little desert). Thanks

Charlie Geilfuss

Subject: [OM] Provia 100F versus Kodachrome
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:19:58 +0200