Re: [OM] Provia 100F versus Kodachrome

Subject: Re: [OM] Provia 100F versus Kodachrome
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 01:43:22 GMT
I'll admit that my preference for Kodachrome cannot be justified by any logical argument. It has a palette I like and find unique among films. While it no longer has either the finest grain or sharpest resolution, it remains more than adequate for most purposes. One important reason I've chosen it for certain projects is its ability to withstand exposure to hot Texas summer days without color shifts. It also remains relatively neutral in various light conditions and with long exposures.

Not having tried Provia yet I cannot comment. I have tried Astia and like it very much - rumors abound that Astia is nothing more or less than the old Provia formula. I've also been very satisfied with Sensia II 100 - it's just a bit warmer than Astia. But Sensia II 400 is very grainy with only fair resolution, and it shifts toward blue in the evening.

Lex
===