Re: [OM] introduction of myself

Subject: Re: [OM] introduction of myself
From: "John Pendley" <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:05:55 -0400
Welcome to the list, Frieder.  Don't be concerned about your English; I
could say "yes," "no," and "one, two, three"  in German.  You are correct
about the 1-10 rating system.  You will not often see anything graded below
8 (personally, I'd buy only items that are rated 9 or better).  And you will
see the term "user" meaning it shows visible signs of pretty heavy use but
works (probably).  Another rating system used in the US is the one from KEH,
a used (and lately new also) camera broker in Atlanta, GA, my home town.
You can read about it at www.keh.com.  Their prices are a bit high, but they
are honest and conservative in their ratings, and a lot of Americans
recognize their rating system.  Let me predict that you will likely receive
a few comments from zuikoholics who do not have an 85/2; they may
congratulate you, but they are really jealous ;>).  It sounds to me as if
you are making a fine start.
Regards,
John Pendley