Re: [OM] introduction of myself -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] introduction of myself -Reply
From: johncw@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 11:35:20 -0600

"...
This reminds me of my Air Force days where they had a 10 point performance
rating scale. Anyone getting an overall "7" was just about to be kicked out
of
the service. So really it was a 4 point scale from 7 to 10.

<<Also you will never find a camera ranked '1'. A truly beat up ugly camera
MIGHT be rated a 6.>>"

I just bought a used Winder 2 from B & H that was rated an 8+. When I
opened the box it looked like it was used as a murder weapon. The winder
portion worked fine, but looked like #$%^. I would have rated it a 3. The
tripod mount threads were stripped (I've never seen that before), chunks of
paint were gone and it was dented. Need less to say, I returned it. [(I
have always trusted B & H's rating system in the past so this was a
surprise). Also, this is not a knock against B & H, either. I have had very
good success in their new & used Oly stuff.]

So the rating system is a matter of opinion, you just have to understand
who the "rater" is. Then go from there.

John Cwiklinski