Re: [OM] introduction of myself

Subject: Re: [OM] introduction of myself
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 08:43:35 -0700
Since everyone differers in how they interpret a grading system, a full
description of the condition should accompany it. But with catalog
sellers and limited information web page sellers, the grading system
serves to quickly differentiate multiple items. The best of those
sellers will always have a chart telling you what they use as criteria.
Without a description of the condition grade, or at least a chart or
reference to a know chart (like KEH=Ex+), one is just pissing in the
breeze with their condition grade statements.

Since a box can be added to any condition grade (even a box with a wrong
serial number!), I personally use grades like 9+IB to indicate that.
That might help clean up my obvious gap between 10 and 10-, since there
are many "in box" sales in which the paperwork is no longer intact.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV