Re: [OM] introduction of myself

Subject: Re: [OM] introduction of myself
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 19:00:55 -0500
At 10:16 PM 4/20/2000 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I´m a listener of the Olympus Mailing list for a few time ( just about
2000 mails....).
>Because it seems to be usual to introduce a person here, I'll write a bit
about me, and my way to zuikoholism :). It wont be too much, because I´m a
german, not too fast in writing English sentence.

Welcome Frieder!

>Do I guess right that they're ranked form 1..10, with 10 as best value?
>- And what is meant by `mint-condition` ?

Yes, 10 is the best condition.  "Mint" condition probably comes from coin
collecting, where a coin is described in "mint condition" if it is like it
was just newly made at the mint.  A "mint" is a coin-making factory.

In reality, "mint" seems to mean almost anything above really obvious
"user" condition.  People are afraid they won't get a good price if they
don't call it "mint", so that say "mint-" or "minty" if there are signs of
use but the article still looks basically OK.

LN or LNIB is really the top ranking for used gear.  These stand for "like
new" and "like new in box."

Cheers,

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA