Re: [OM] introduction of myself

Subject: Re: [OM] introduction of myself
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 19:00:45 -0400
Greetings:

At 10:16 PM 4/20/00 +0200, you wrote:
I'm not common with the English/American style of rating the condition of used Equipment.
Do I guess right that they're ranked form 1..10, with 10 as best value?

Not exactly. 10 would be 'best condition'. The word 'value' in English means a good deal for the money. For example compare a 4t that looks brand new (condition 10) and costs $800 with a 4t that is very ugly yet completely functional (condition 6) and costs $200 at a yard sale. In my opinion the $200 4t is a good 'value' while the $800 one is not.

Also you will never find a camera ranked '1'. A truly beat up ugly camera MIGHT be rated a 6.

- And what is meant by `mint-condition` ?

Mint means 'indistinguishable from new'. That is, when you examine a camera that is in mint condition, it looks as if it came right out of the box, from the factory. However, 'mint' does not necessarily mean that the camera comes with box and papers. A camera that comes with all boxes, papers, etc, is called 'LNIB', or, Like New in Box.

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.
Panoramas and Immersive Imaging at