[OM] introduction of myself

Subject: [OM] introduction of myself
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 22:16:21 +0200
Hello,

I´m a listener of the Olympus Mailing list for a few time ( just about 2000
mails....).
Because it seems to be usual to introduce a person here, I'll write a bit about
me, and my way to zuikoholism :). It wont be too much, because I´m a german,
not too fast in writing English sentence.

I´m living in the south of Germany studying mechanical engineering in
Stuttgart. My first Olympus Camera was a OM-40, which was a used one, I bought
with a travenar-Zoom-set about 1993. The joy wasn't for long time: During the
first travel it showed an electronic defect. The dealer accepted to take it
back. This was a good chance to get rid of the rather big Travenar-Zooms.
Then I decided to buy a OM-2sp, because  I`ve already bought a 1.4/50mm Zuiko
:). Soon a OM 1 and other lenses followed. And I was infected by zuikoholism.
Today I own 12 lenses, most of them Zuiko's. My favorite one is the 2/85,  I
like shooting with compact and fast prime lenses, and the Zoom's stay at home
most of the time.

I was very pleased to find such an active OM-community on the web. Realizing
that I´m not the only Guy playing with this old fashioned, but fascinating
Photo stuff.

I'm not an native English speaker, and would have some questions about the
photo slang.
(beeing glad, that bookeh, was explained some mails ago :).

I'm not   common with the English/American style of rating  the condition of
used Equipment.
Do I guess right that they're ranked form 1..10, with 10 as best value?
- And what is meant by `mint-condition` ?

So I hope with reading more and more mails  I'll understand more and more of
what's going on in the Zuiko's World in the year 2000, and you know who is
sending this stuttering mail, when I send some comment`s to the list.

Frieder Faig