Re: [OM] Alternate 500mm telephoto lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Alternate 500mm telephoto lens
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:12:06 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Mike Butler wrote:

> A friend of mine suggested a small telescope
> e.g. Celestron C-5, C-8 or similar catadioptric.  This would get me the
> side benefit of a small telescope to explore astro photography and
> another justification to my wife.

You could try doing it the other way around - get a big cat for the OM
and a telescope adapter (i.e. one of those eyepieces (usually with
inverting prism to make it a terrestrial telescope) that fits onto the
lens mount and makes it a telescope).

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |