Re: [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem

Subject: Re: [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 22:36:30 EDT
In a message dated 09/18/1999 9:19:30 PM EST, siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Speaking of which, do the armed forces around the world have any use for
>  35mm cameras officially? WHat do they use?

    I know the "war correspondents" now use Nikon digital cams, the shots are
sent via satellite or phone lines directly to the home office. Don't know how
the military censors those images. I'm told the military uses the same or
similar stuff, shots taken in the field are on some General's desk in the
Pentagon in like six minutes. US Navy jets download their recon shots in
"near real time" to the carrier, who then flashes it to the Pentagon.
    They'll never learn that you can't quarterback the game from 12,000 miles
away, but they keep trying. They tried running the Vietnam War from
Washington, too. That had less than the desired results....

    George S.