Re: [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem

Subject: Re: [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 13:07:44 +0200
>I'd also encourage anyone who cares to make mileage an important
>issue when buying a car. Most scientists who aren't paid by an
>industry lobby agree that we are near the peak of petroleum
>production, and that it will only get more expensive. That gas-hog
>SUV you bought when gas was $0.99 a gallon won't be such a deal when
>gas costs as much as it does in Europe today -- $3 to $4 a gallon.

I agree; but petrol costs 75 pence per litre in the UK now.  That's UKP
3.36 per Imperial gallon, equalling US$5.40 per Imp gall or US$4.59 per US
gall.  Now I've worked it all out it does not seem far from what you were
saying.  Unfortunately, UK diesel prices are out of line with Continental,
so there is something of a grey market.  We need a concerted effort by all
governments to make it fair.

Chris