RE: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG

Subject: RE: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG
From: "Jim Loudon" <jloudon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 20:30:39 PDT

What is the minimum, maximum and mean for our ages?

Good question :-)

When did each of us discover Olympus or re-discover Olympus?

I'm guessing a little on this, but for me I think it was back
around '78.  I'd been using a Konica T3 for several years, but
it was just too heavy to haul on my frequent backpacking trips.

My initial Olympus purchase was a well-used OM-2 with a Winder 1
and 35mm f/2.8 and 75-150 f/4 lenses, all of which continue
to serve me well, though the OM-2's film advance is a little too
stiff for the winder to handle (I've gotta send the thing to
John H...)  No 50mm for me yet, 'tho I have borrowed my wife's
50mm f/3.5 macro on occasion for the odd bit of copy work.

I've supplemented my outfit over the years wth other Olympus
equipment (one of my friends recently accused me of being the
"Hunt brothers of Olympus", after the infamous guys who nearly
cornered the silver market, but I told him I've got a long way
to go before catching up with some of the folks on this list :-) )
as well as some Brand N autofocus gear (unlike Denton, my in-focus
average went _up_ when I went autofocus, at least in the "action"
category) and an old Fujica 6x9 rangefinder with a couple lenses.

jim