Re: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG

Subject: Re: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 22:37:39 +1000
>At 05:47 AM 5/23/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>This has been a most interesting non-OM, Non-NG thread and has caused me
>>wonder; What is the minimum, maximum and mean for our ages?  and
>>
>>When did each of us discover Olympus or re-discover Olympus?
>>
>>There should be some great short stories in this one.
>>
>>Happy spring time to all;

I'm 35 (36 next month, I think. They change it on me every year, just when I
get used to it!). I borrowed a friend's OM-10 to take some photos for my
work job book as an apprentice in 1981. Not long after I bought one. Took it
rafting all over the place. I sold it 2 years later and bought a still mint
OM-1n. Used it for caving and canyoning with a EWA housing. I got it as I
was always putting the 10 to manual. Then the lenses came. A 300 used for
Charles and Di's wedding, wide angles etc.

Then I got married, and didn't have the money. The OM sat around for a few
years. Then I got into it again. I went south and saw a body before I left -
an ugly 2SP. So I bought it, and except for the continual failing of the
batteries (due to cold), worked fine until the winding mechanism failed.
Fixed and it
works fine.

Work had OM gear that no-one used, as it wasn't automatic. OM-4Ti. So it's
on permanent loan. Though I do take my 1n in for all shots, including flash.
I'm a manual sort of guy. Everyone else uses IS-3000, or a Camedia 1400.

Then I got on this list. Thanks. Now I have heaps om OM gear and I'm broke.
Thanks.  And I'm scared of OM-1 resonances with longer lenses. And if my
green lens is really MC. And how do I get all my lenses MCed. I know it's
impossible to take a good photo with a SC lens now. I don't know how people
took photos before MC. And how to make F280 work with a 1n, and modify the
1n for TTL flash. And I need a bigger camera bag.

Thanks. I no longer can afford film!

But I still want a 1.4X, 500mm, T28, etc.

My name is Terry Foxcroft and I am a Zuikoholic. And proud of it.

:-) Foxy