Re: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG

Subject: Re: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG
From: John Gettis <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 07:40:08 -0700
I am 43. I bought my first Olympus in 72 or 73 I no longer remember which
year.
It was a non md Om-1. I used it to help photograph a motorcycle race between
Barstow and Vegas.  When the guy I worked with and I sat down and figured
out how many hours we put in printing the photos and mailing them off we
made less than 10 cents an hour. I must confess that I have wavered from
Olympus in that for some years I owned
a Bronica Etr and a Yashica mat 124g.  I also have owned a Mamiya Press
camera
All but the Yashica Mat are gone now sold to pay bills when I first was
married
I have added more olympus equipment until I now own
an Om-1, Om1n, Om4t, 2 winders, 24 2.8, 28 2.8(vivitar), 35 2.8, 2 50 1.4s(
a SC and a MC)
100 2.8, 75-205 3.8(older vivitar), 300 4.5, a olympus 2x teleconveter,
vivitar 2x,
25 extension tube and a set of off brand ones as well.  I have been buying
little items
on E-bay and now have lens hoods for all my lens and hope to eventually
replace the vivatars
with Zuiko ones. Other than a 24 vivitar that I loaned to a friend at work
and some small accessories
that seem to have disappeared (an eye cup or two) I still have all the
Olympus gear that I have
bought.  Oh yes I guess since I have the camera adapter for it you can count
my ETX telescope as
1250mm lens too. My problem is that I can never decide what to leave behind
so I tend carry almost all of it.
John Gettis