Re: [OM] using Velvia

Subject: Re: [OM] using Velvia
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 08:51:07 -0800
On 12 Nov 98 at 8:00, SPeirce wrote:

> Stephen
>
> I've been using Velvia for years and find that on my OM4t and Nikon
> equipment, I get the best results (for landscape, flowers, water shots,
> and architecture) setting the ASA to 64 and then setting the exposure
> compensationtto -2/3.  However, I like very saturated brilliant color
> and this technique works very well in the southwest, west, Colorado
> plateau, and Mediterranean where the light is crisp and intense.  Hope
> that helps.

Doesn't this just equate to setting it at ISO 100? I've also read that wildlife
photographers shoot it at 80-100 for better saturation and the extra speed, at
the expense of shadow detail I guess. There was a recent duck shot in Outdoor
Photo with Velvia at ISO 100, and push processed one stop. Looked OK, but very
contrasty.
Having not used my first roll of Velvia yet, none of the above are based on
experience, of course...