RE: [OM] using Velvia

Subject: RE: [OM] using Velvia
From: Wayne Harridge <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:38:25 +1100
Steve,

        I would agree with rating it at 40, maybe even 32 for flat (low
contrast subjects).  What I have found is that Velvia is very contrasty, so
to maintain good highlight detail in contrasty subjects you may be better to
rate it at 50.

        I take it this aircraft is outside ?  You may have to decide on the
day, depending on the lighting.

        If it's really important, bracket each shot and pick the most
suitable slide after they are processed.  From my perspective film is cheap
compared to time.

        ...Wayne