Re: [OM] Blank generation

Subject: Re: [OM] Blank generation
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 20:40:49 EDT
Hi, all!
Just thought I'd throw a little gasoline on this fire. <G>

I received my copy of the current issue of Kodak's Viewpoints newsletter
yesterday, and it contains a summary of a report on image stability that
appears in its entirity on the Kodak Web site
(http://www.kodak.com/go/imagestability).
The author is Robert E. McComb, Ph.D., cited as having 22 years' experience at
the Preservation Research and Testing Office of the Library of Congress.
The bottom line of this article is that current color photo prints that are
stored in "reasonable, average room conditions (120 lux light levels; 72F
temperature; 40% relative humidity)...will not show objectionable color shifts
for at least 150 years."

It's obvious from some of the postings on this board that some of our members
know a lot more about photo chemistry, etc. than I do. I'd love to read some
opinions from those folks after they have read this article.

Best wishes,
Greg