Re: [OM] Blank generation

Subject: Re: [OM] Blank generation
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 12:11:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, John Petrush wrote:

> I think for the vast majority of picture takers, the useful life of a photo
> (a print 990f the time) is about a week.  That is long enough to get them
> back from the 1-hour mini-lab, flip thru them, share with a few friends and
> family and stuff them away in a drawer.  Such is the life of most photos.

  Do not underestimate the value of photographs even to the "vast
majority". Besides the usual fights over the photo albums during
separations (or destruction during spats), when the last big earthquake
 hit in California, and people were allowed to run back into their
houses/apts and retrieve things, they were told to make a list in order to
use their time (20min, I think) effectively. These lists were analyzed
by UCLA and it turned out that the #1 item before house titles or anything
else, was the good old photo album...

                                          *= Doris Fang =*