Re: [OM] Blank generation

Subject: Re: [OM] Blank generation
From: "Ian M. Stewart" <ims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 22:24:52 +0100
Debrux@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> Thanks for the reply, I too am surprised there isn't more interest in the
> subject.  This may be because most people don't realise their treasured
> mementoes have an even shorter lifespan than they do.  The archivist of the
> Royal Photographic Society told me that even in optimum conditions (near
> freezing, moderate humidity, complete darkness) colour shift is inevitable
> after 30 years.  This puts us at the beginning of the end of the life span of
> pictures taken during the great boom in colour photography.  It must also have
> consequences for the important (and increasingly valuable) collections of
> photographs.

My TV/Radio guide (UK Radio Times) is now carrying an advert for
Fujicolor Crystal Archive paper which gives images guaranteed for 75
years.  This is the first time I have seen this, and I assume you can
have archival prints from anyone's negatives.

<snip>

> PS is there an easy way of getting these little arrows (>) at the start of
> each line without typing them in individually?:^)

Well now this is way off topic, but my mail software (I'm using
Pegasus) does this automatically, and you can choose whether to have
> or : 0r - etc.    I don't remember seeing any mail software that
didn't do this, but then I avoid anything Microsoft where I can. :-)

Regards,

--
Ian  <IMS>
                  OM Tyro - please point my lens in the right direction.