Re: [OM] Blank generation

Subject: Re: [OM] Blank generation
From: "Marco Tomat" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Jun 98 10:48:07 +0200
On Sab, 13 giu 1998 22:06, Debrux@xxxxxxx <mailto:Debrux@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>Now for some Olympus content....   I value the lightness of my 135mm F3.5
>and
>I'm prepared to sacrifice some screen brightness in order to get it.  But
am
>also losing picture quality by using a cheap lens.  Could anyone tell the
>difference between pics taken at F8 on cheap/expensive Zuikos of the same
>focal length?

Yes it is cheap but this does not mean "poor". It looks a sharp lens.
Tomoko (if I remember well) uses it and she is pleased with the results. It
is brighter than any Oly zoom at 135mm. Differences among lenses are more
evident in the bright range than at f/8. A good reason to use it is the
49mm filter mount. I think it comes from FTL set and this is a good thing.
Many 135 3.5 lenses have been in production, but this is an original
Olympus design.

>Simon
>PS is there an easy way of getting these little arrows (>) at the start of
>each line without typing them in individually?:^)

Your e-mailer should do this... Tell which one you are using and maybe
someone will help you.

Marco