Re: [OM] Blank generation

Subject: Re: [OM] Blank generation
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 08:01:03 -0700
Greg;

Yes, I think your 2 points were the ones intended by the article.  It sounds
like
the author has plenty of subject knowledge.  But we know that experts in any
field
can always argue vehemently with one another on opposite sides of an issue,
especially if there's $$ in it for them. (I'll refrain here from bringning up as
an example an infamous trial with "DNA experts" testifying on both sides of the
issue)... I guess what I'm pointing out is there's a lack of deterministic data
in
the article.  The IMPLICATIONS are that Kodak and Fuji et al prints can now hang
on your wall and look the same practically until the next ice age IF the
lighting
is 120 Lux, but no specific test data is given for these 'major manufacturers.'
And if this is true for K & F prints from negs, then I'd expect Cibas and
Evercolors to now outlast the Pyramids.

george