Re: [OM] 25mm tube tripod collar

Subject: Re: [OM] 25mm tube tripod collar
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 20:49:55 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/98 11:55:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I've found a way to mount a tripod collar on a 25mm extension tube. This
 allows me to rotate my camera without flipping the tripod head and support
 the setup at the centre of gravity between my 90mm and body.
 It doesn't fit the 2X-A though. It must be slightly larger. At first I
 thought it was rubber gripping on rubber, but the collar physically does
 close as far with the convertor in. The standard collar is too loose. If I
 get another collar I'll try some thinner rubber if I can get some.
 Some of you have probably done this before anyway.Foxy >>

Hi Foxy,
I have done the same.  I removed the rubber from the 2XA and a nice groove the
same diameter as the collar in found.  This makes a nice tracking groove.  I
will add, if you are going to use the 2XA with a 300 mm f 4.5, you will find
the bottom plates hit and do not allow mounting.
Good Luck!
BW